Monday, February 20, 2017

Review Tour Two Worlds Collided by Karen Michelle Nutt



Two Worlds Collided
by Karen Michelle Nutt


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GENRE:  time travel romance/ rock star fantasy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:


Evie Reid, on a whim, agrees to travel back in time to 1997 to change bad boy Bellamy Lovel's path of destruction. She's smart with a college degree, but she's still fan-girl crazy for the rock band, Civilized Heathens. Evie knows despite all Bellamy's smiles and enthusiasm on the stage, he's destined to end it all on one lonely night in a hotel room unless she can change his path.

Bellamy isn't keen on having Evie as his personal assistant, hired by his band mates to watch over him, and keep him on schedule. However, there is something about the woman that sparks his interest, despite his best to ignore her. When darkness threatens to consume him, he realizes she may be the only light that will chase the shadows away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Excerpt Two:


She spotted Bellamy standing on the ledge a few feet in front of her. Fear rose up inside of her like a tangible force that urged her to go to his rescue. Her legs carried her swiftly and her hands grabbed his dress shirt with some kind of wild print on it, and she yanked him toward her.


Bellamy's hands flew out in front of him as if to grab onto something to steady his fall. "What the–" Her cry of alarm muffled Bellamy's curse when she realized he was going to land on top of her, but at the last millisecond, Bellamy twisted, grabbing hold of her as he fell onto his back with her sprawled on top of him in an unseemly manner. Her hair had come loose from the knot at the back of her neck. Her glasses were askew on her nose and she tried to adjust them as she pulled on her blouse, which had risen above her waist. Bellamy's hot hands were on her flesh and for a moment she'd forgotten to breathe. She met his startled gaze and his lips pursed into a fine line.


"What is wrong with you, lady?" he said and shoved her away, not exactly rough but with a purpose to be as far away as possible from her.


She sat in a heap next to him, feeling a bit deflated that he didn't appreciate her attempt to help. "I was saving you," she said and lifted her chin.


"Saving me? Lady, you almost sent me tumbling over the edge."



My Review:
This book took off on page one and didn't slow down until the last page. I personally loved that Karen Nutt at the end of the story gave a picture of the how things actually turn out. I love epilogues and so many writers leave them out, this was not under epilogue just the last chapter of the book. I also appreciate how she brings to life depression, grief, drug addiction, and suicide. She handles these sensitive subjects very well. She really takes you into the head of Bellamy who is suffering from all of these problems. 

In the book We have 3 friends who are still hung up on a singer who committed suicide 10 years before. They run a fan club and schedule events since more then just the 3 of them are still hung up on Bellamy Lovel and the Civilized Heathens. 

One night Evie and her friends come up with an idea to send Evie back in time. Evie had the chance before Bellamy died to be his assistant 10 years earlier and  decided not to. When she goes back in time instead of saying to to the job she takes it. It is up to her to help Bellamy so he lives.  She will be brought back in time before she knows if it works or not though. Evie is a little afraid of changing time and tries not to change too much. 

This is really a wonderful book. It is filled with romance, and as I said mental health issues. The book in a way actually brings awareness without being a text book. I am very glad I was able to read this book. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:



Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.


When she’s not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian’s Book Covers, “Judge Your Book By Its Cover”. You can also check out her published cover art designs at Victory Tales Press and Rebecca J. Vickery Publishing.


Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.


Visit the author at her website: http://www.kmnbooks.com




Gillian’s Book Covers, “Judge Your Book By Its Cover”










Two Worlds Collided will be $0.99 during the tour.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GIVEAWAY INFORMATION

Karen Michelle Nutt will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

31 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,

    Thank you so much for hosting my book on your blog. Your time is truly appreciated. Thank you so much for the reading and reviewing Two Worlds Collided. I'm so thrilled you loved the story. It means so much to read your kind words. Evie and Bellamy are very dear to me and I'm so pleased they touched your heart also. :) Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I really enjoyed the book. Can't wait for more.

      Delete
  3. Readers,
    Thanks for stopping by. Just a quick question: If you could go back in time where would you go and why? Love to know your reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was just for a visit, then probably the Middle Ages. I've always wondered if I could cope in what would be an extreme clash of cultures. I have health & mobility issues though, so if it was any longer than 48 hours, I'd probably end up dead :(

      Delete
    2. Kate,
      Since it's a magical visit in a sense anything can happen. Perhaps your visit gives you a chance to be free of all issues in this time and place. I'm with you on the Middle Ages. I'm interested in the time period, but wouldn't want to live there forever. I'd need a way back to this century. lol

      Delete
    3. Brilliant! Healthy, mobile and hopefully physically fit. I think I'd find it really difficult to accept a woman's role in any age other than our own. They'd probably burn me as a witch or heretic!

      Delete
    4. Brilliant! Healthy, mobile and hopefully physically fit. I think I'd find it really difficult to accept a woman's role in any age other than our own. They'd probably burn me as a witch or heretic!

      Delete
  4. sounds like a great book to read, thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Rita,
      You're welcome. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed the review and excerpt. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy,
      So glad you're intrigued. Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the excerpt. It looks like a good read. I hope that I win. Bernie W BWallace1980(at)hotmail(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new book and good luck on the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent review! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoyed looking at your book cover site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate,
      I'm so glad you popped in for a visit. :)

      Delete
  11. I now know where I'd like to be: anywhere warm! I'm so tired of the cold & wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate,
      lol- Hoping for warmer weather for you. What neck of the woods are you in?

      Delete
    2. Dear old damp & dreary Ireland. Rain & taxes guaranteed, a sense of humour essential!

      Delete
  12. Where is your favorite spot to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ally,
      I love to read about anywhere I can fit in the time. :) I always have my phone and a Kindle App ready. Sometimes, I'll read when I'm waiting in a line. Sure passes the time. How about You?

      Delete
  13. Thank you for choosing me as a winner!! This will be money well spent on more books!!

    ReplyDelete