- Crust for one large pizza
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter, garlic, cream and milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and beaten egg yolk, whisking vigorously so the egg doesn't cook. Set aside to cool while you assemble your pizza.
- Roll/stretch your dough into a 12-14'' circle. Transfer to a pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled lightly with cornmeal. I like to pre-bake my crust for 5 minutes at 475 degrees F. Remove crust from oven. Spoon half of the alfredo sauce over the crust and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle chopped chicken, bacon, and onion evenly over top. Drizzle with remaining alfredo sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. (At this point I like to brush the outer crust with olive oil or melted butter. Optional.)
- Return to oven to bake for 7-10 minutes more, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.