Chicks Dig the Accent
Roxanne D. Howard
Genre: Contemporary erotic romance,
modern-day fairy tale
Publisher: Loose Id, LLC.
Date of Publication:
Number of pages: 105
Word Count: 33,013
Molly Ivers has always known she’d marry a foreign man with a delicious accent. Six months ago, in a night of unbridled passion, she gave her virginity to her friend and sexy-as-can-be neighbor, rocker Evan Castle. Unfortunately, thanks to his swarm of constant groupies, things didn’t work out, but they remained friends. Now, after having just broken up with her boring, run-of-the-mill right-wing boyfriend, she’s on the verge of finishing her graduate degree and moving to Paris. She's desperate to shake things up--and find that sexy foreign man.
She’s had a crush on Nicholas Sullivan, her British professor, for as long as she can remember. So when opportunity comes knocking to spice up her appearance, in the form of a French life coach, she hires Jean Luc Dubois to help her lbecome more Parisian and hip, to reflect the person she is within. Thanks to Jean Luc’s magic, she starts to catch her hunky English prof’s eye, but the more time she spends with Evan, the more she begins to realize that her Prince Charming might just be the one she’s known all along.
About the Author:
Roxanne D. Howard is an author with Loose Id. Her first novel, At the Heart of the Stone, was released in February 2016. She is an Army veteran, has a bachelor's degree in Psychology and English, and enjoys reading classical literature and Stephen King. She is also an avid musical theater nut and loves everything related to marine biology. She is the proud mother of two beautiful girls, several pets, and loves to spend time with her husband and children when she's not writing. Roxanne and her family currently reside in the Midwest United States. Roxanne loves to hear from her readers, and she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more, please visit her website at www.roxannedhoward.com
Guest Blog Post #8- Five facts that may surprise you about my newest book, Chicks Dig the Accent.
Hello, my name is Roxanne D. Howard, and I write contemporary erotic romance. I had an absolute blast writing my latest novella, Chicks Dig the Accent, an erotic romantic comedy and modern-day fairy tale, loosely based on Cinderella. Art of Molly and Evan below by Bianca Duarte.
I’d like to share five interesting facts that may surprise you about my book:
- Molly Ivers, the heroine of the book, is a feminist. I know, with a title like Chicks Dig the Accent, you were probably wondering, right? Rest assured, there are no busty airheads in this novella, though you will find plenty of steamy, fan-yourself love scenes and a fun tale. It’s a witty, erotic romantic comedy, and Molly is our modern-day Cinderella, an intelligent exhibitions archivist for a museum, who spends her work days restoring ancient and precious artifacts. She’s finishing up her Master’s degree in Anthropology, and she is about to move to Paris for an internship. She’s one smart cookie.
- I wrote the character of Evan James with a young Jon Bon Jovi in mind. Evan is a cool, laid back, confident guy who has his eye on Molly. He sings in his rock band, Seriously Evan, and tutors in French to help pay his rent. He’s a fellow grad student and her downstairs neighbor. The two slept together once.
- There are a total of five different sexy accents from all the men in this book, and two foreign languages used during the story other than English (French and Spanish).
- During a salsa class that Molly and her friend Nell take, Jorge, the instructor, has the dancers pair off with someone of a different race, to prove a point about diversity. This is a little tribute to a Drill Sergeant I had who did the same thing when I was in Boot Camp 15 years ago, though we were doing physical training and not Salsa. I WISH it had been Salsa! ☺
- There’s a Star Trek, Dirty Dancing, and blink-twice-and-you’ll-miss it cheeky, little wink to Disney I put in the book during the funnier moments.
Do you have any questions about Chicks Dig the Accent? Let me know in the comments!
$25.00 Amazon gift card